IC5 Staff Quality Engineer
I set the multi-year, multi-team technical strategy and deliver it through direct implementation or broad technical leadership
Area of ownership and level of autonomy / ambiguity
- I deliver multi-year, multi-team product or platform goals
- I exhibit a very high standard of technical judgement, innovation and execution to tackle open-ended problems that require difficult prioritization, defining both the what and how of things to be done
Organizational reach and extent of influence
- I am increasingly influencing the roadmaps of other Dropbox teams to achieve business impacting goals.
- I exercise judgement that favors the priorities of the wider engineering org rather than favoring locally optimal outcomes
Technical levers typically exercised to achieve business impact
- Domain Expertise - I demonstrate a high level of depth in a particular platform or product category that brings unique business value.
- Technical Strategy - I excel at defining the vision for and delivering large business-impacting projects with multiple constraints
- Product Expertise - I increasingly influence or make product decisions/scope and determine the right technical tradeoffs to deliver customer value quickly.
- Mentorship - I serve as a role model for other Dropbox engineers
- I identify and execute on opportunities that have area/group-wide impact
- I execute large projects to a very high standard — e.g. against a tight deadline with significant consequences of failure, or in a manner that allows rapid learning to clarify significant ambiguity, or to a standard of quality well exceeding that of the current system (though not all simultaneously)
- I know which levers to pull to drive meaningful results and understand the wider, cross-functional implications of my work. I proactively account for risks and monitor their likelihood. My project planning accounts for new capabilities necessary to deliver large-scale business impact and I work closely with partner teams to prioritize the development of these capabilities.
- I proactively identify and help to refocus my team's efforts when projects are off-course or not technically feasible and results aren’t moving the needle for our business/team goals or customers in a meaningful way
- I deliver net-new ways for our team/org to measure and communicate customer impact
- I have a sense of responsibility and obligation to act on opportunities and create alignment across the engineering org/company to improve outcomes for our customers
- I own my decisions and mistakes and take action to prevent similar mistakes in the future, sharing the learnings with others
- When I or my team encounter barriers, I unblock us by assessing and eliminating the root cause, including recommending process and scale improvements
- I have a holistic view of the engineering org, customer insights and Dropbox’s goals and use my experience and judgment to make decisions optimized for the wider org, rather than my local project alone
- I act thoughtfully and decisively in critical situations. Instead of trying to build consensus, I seek diverse perspectives, encourage productive debate with the right stakeholders and lead decision-making in critical situations even when making unpopular decisions
- I'm able to reach the right decision despite conflicting perspectives, disagreeing and committing when necessary
- I remain resilient through change by staying calm under pressure and taking care of my well-being
- I navigate ambiguity by focusing on the greater purpose, goals, and desired impact to move forward one step at a time
- I push boundaries to leveraging industry best practices and customer feedback to generate and implement breakthrough ideas that aim to create new products or advance existing products and drive our tools forward
- I create psychological safety and encourage a growth mindset with colleagues, supporting experimentation and iteration towards audacious goals
Strategy and Change Management
- When necessary, I am able to help my manager introduce change into the organization, help others understand the business case for change, and create excitement to drive adoption of the change
- I define a long-term vision for my team that factors in company-wide priorities as well as the technical limitations and possibilities of Dropbox’s software and systems. I inspire my team and cross-discipline stakeholders to work toward that vision
- I anticipate challenges and am able to influence the technical direction of the team or org to execute on that vision even in the face of potential significant misalignment
- I find new and creative ways of leveraging customer insights and including customer voices to influence strategy
- I proactively ask for feedback from those I work with and identify ways to act upon it
- I have self-awareness about my strengths and areas for development
- I connect with others with empathy and understanding
- I drive discussions with my manager about aspirational goals and seek out opportunities to learn and grow (e.g., PGP, Dropbox-offered training, leveraging perks allowance etc.)
- I am a role model for other Dropboxers and model a standard of excellence that supports a culture of high performance on my team
- I invest time to coach and mentor my teammates (particularly ones looking to grow into L4/L5). I take into account their skills, backgrounds, working styles and solicit and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback to them.
- I devote time to spreading my knowledge widely via talks, blog posts or written documentation
- If requested, I participate in SPRiTEs calibration sessions by providing meaningful feedback to ensure fair and consistent decisions
- I am an active participant in the hiring process for senior candidates, and managers (for example, by participating in hiring committee, debriefs, etc.)
- I gain the trust of candidates and can represent Dropbox's mission, strategy, and culture throughout the interview process
- I am an effective partner to my manager and am able to represent my team’s technical challenges to candidates in an exciting way (e.g. 1:1 sell chats, blog posts, public speaking)
- I promote and role model Dropbox core values, leading by example
- I help break down silos within and across functions and influence others to reach the best outcome for Dropbox
- I build deep cross-functional relationships, facilitate the right conversations, and settle disagreements by managing different viewpoints
- I engage in productive conflict with thoughtful questioning and have the courage to state my point of view
- I balance multiple perspectives and disagree and commit when necessary to move key company decisions, and critical priorities forward
- I leverage the unique strengths & skills of the members of my team, and help identify talent gaps required for team success
- I champion community building efforts and inclusion initiatives. I work in close partnership with the management team to ensure a healthy engineering org
- I practice the Dropbox Diversity Commitments on a regular basis
- I build relationships and connections, and use meeting practices inclusive meeting practices to support an inclusive environment for all Dropboxers
- I tailor my message to my audience, presenting it clearly and concisely at the right altitude
- If asked, I write to crisp narratives to create understanding, influence others, and enable effective decision-making
- I fine tune my approach to getting buy-in and influencing stakeholders across a variety of audiences
- I lead by example by holding crucial conversations even when they feel uncomfortable
- I seek to listen and understand others
- I act as a partner to my manager in setting the cultural tone for the team. I help create an inclusive environment of psychological safety to support connection, empathy, and productive conflict where dissenting, and diverse opinions are valued and addressed.
- I lead by example. I am aware of my public presence and actions and my influence on the people around me and Dropbox’s culture
- I help my team network and build relationships across Dropbox, creating connection and inclusion across my team and with other teams
- I personify Dropbox core's values and support our community
- I point out when actions or decisions contradict Dropbox core's values and suggest alternatives more aligned with our values
- The expectations for L4 Software Design are still applicable here (though some specialist engineers may go deep in this area)
- I am able to influence how technical designs are developed at the EPD group level (ex: Product Strategy), asking probing, insightful questions that solidify choices and surface erroneous assumptions
- I’m capable of owning the overall health and engineering quality of a system or collection of features - e.g. driving regular health reviews, curating test strategy, etc - and ensuring that the health and maintenance of my systems do not depend on the maintainers having my expertise
- I am able to deeply understand technical designs with multiple components interacting across API or system boundaries. I effectively build and execute quality management strategies that uncover technical bugs/failures between components. Based on my deep knowledge of the features/infrastructure/tooling supporting features in my products, I’m able to surface risks and potential mismatches in expectations between system components.
- I’m accountable for alignment of the quality management strategy at the EPD Group/Organization level, to the overall Dropbox technical strategy, making tradeoffs where appropriate in consultation with principal engineers
Quality Engineering Fluency
- The expectations for L4 Quality Engineering fluency are still applicable here (though some specialist engineers may go deep in this area)
- Partnering with the Head of QE, I identify and develop high impact quality management strategies that will have a lasting impact on my QE teams ability to effectively manage quality for highly complex and ambiguous projects.
- I independently drive a set of quality metrics/measurements that align with QE Department goals and have impact that reach beyond the QE Department to influence the DBX Product Strategy for my scope of work.
- The expectations for L4 Quality Engineering fluency are still applicable here