We’re striving to use clear language, but there are a few words where it’s helpful to expound upon how we interpret them:
- Impact: The effect on Dropbox’s success as a business, in both direct and indirect ways. +What is Impact?
- Results: Results are a function of scope of impact and execution. Engineers at all levels should focus on making an impact in the most efficient way possible.
- Leadership: Display a sense of ownership and initiative, and convince, motivate and drive others towards execution of a goal.
- Mentorship: Guide and accelerate others down their path of professional development.
- Collaborative Reach: The breadth of collaboration and coordination required for a project.
- Organizational Leverage: A multiplier on results that comes from up-leveling an organization through talent development, culture, and setting direction.
- Technical Leverage: A multiplier on results that comes from one’s direct technical abilities. In other words: IC technical work.